UX Designer ZenHubVancouver, British Columbia, CA
We’re looking for an exceptional UX/Product Designer to drive tangible improvements for our users. You will own the full UX development cycle, with a user insight driven strategy.
Every one of us shares a common vision: to create the future we want to live in. We need the right people to help us realize that vision.
If you are looking for a new challenge within a dynamic and fast growing technology company and if you want to create outstanding products, we want to hear from you.
A little about us:
ZenHub is the leading team collaboration and project management suite built into GitHub and GitHub Enterprise. At ZenHub, every team member is charged with getting to know customers deeply, learning how to solve their toughest problems, and turning them into evangelists.
Some of the best teams at top companies like Adobe, NASA, Microsoft, Shopify, Apple, Docker and Comcast use ZenHub to stay in the zone.
Scope of your role:
- Act as a true product designer who drives real improvements for our customers
- Provide end to end design solutions from discovery to design validation
- Drive design process improvement with user-centered design approach
- Create UX deliverables: wireframes, functional specifications, interaction guidelines, site maps, user scenarios, user flows, visual comps, clickable/interactive prototypes, visual designs etc.
- Identify research needs for making design decisions and facilitate gathering and synthesis of insights into user requirements (quantitative and qualitative user research)
- Clearly communicate connection points between user goals, data, context of use, best practices to provide clear rationale for design decisions
- Identify & evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product owners
- Quickly iterate on multiple design explorations to arrive at simple, robust solutions that are intuitive, efficient and contextual
- Apply a systems approach to interaction design including building and maintaining IXD guidelines and specifications
A little about you:
- 5+ years of experience as a UX/Product Designer working in software space
- Experience taking the lead to drive projects forward and define design direction
- Clear process for making design decisions
- Experience working within cross-functional teams within agile methodologies
- Experience collecting customer feedback through, for example, usability tests or user interviews in order to identify points of friction and ability to address them in a quick and iterative way
- Comfortable articulating ideas and rationale for design decisions
- Great collaborator and communicator able to give and receive constructive feedback to improve the finished product and design process
- An active listener and learner who is not afraid to change their mind
- Strong understanding of metrics, KPIs, and user testing
More about ZenHub:
At ZenHub we recruit the best and foster an environment that empowers our team. That means a workplace that is diverse, inclusive, and open-minded. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability. Don’t sweat it if you don’t have everything listed in the above requirements. Our values include continuous improvement and curiosity. If you have some of these qualities and believe that this is the position that will make you excited to work every day, then we want to hear from you!
- Our people are what makes our team special - because of that, we work hard to provide our full-time team members perks that make their lives better by offering:
- Flexible vacation & remote work policy - as we accomplish our goals, time off is more than a must. Most team members take between 15-20 days off per year, but we have no hard limit for our high impact individuals.
- Diverse opportunities for learning and development - we provide resources for conferences, classes, books, and other opportunities to maintain and expand your skill set and professional growth.
- Fitness reimbursements - stay fit with our reimbursements for health-related benefits like gym memberships, fitness apps, and personal training.
- Top-Line equipment - in addition to receiving a company smartphone of your choice with a paid voice/data plan, every team member receives a generous equipment budget to try new gadgets, tools, and platforms.
- Flexible parental leave policies - We understand the importance and demands of a growing family. In addition to state, provincial, and federal leave allowances, parents on the team have the flexibility to work from home or take days off when family needs to come first. When we can safely return to our office, fuel up with healthy snacks and coffee, get fit with an onsite gym, recover with onsite RMT/acupuncturist, and meet the many furry friends of our dog-friendly office!
Check out our careers page to learn more about what other benefits we offer!