Web Designer ALH Group Pty LtdSouth Yarra VIC, Yarraville, Victoria, AU
About the company
The ALH Group is Australia’s largest pub operator offering a diverse hospitality experiences at 330+ venues located across Australia. Employing over 15,000 people, ALH specialises in food, beverage, gaming, accommodation and entertainment.
About the role
We are seeking a proven Web Developer to join our small, high performing, marketing team at our Melbourne Head Office. The central marketing team provides the platforms, training and governance of all marketing mediums that support our Operations Teams. This role is responsible for building and maintaining a scalable network of websites.
- Work closely with the marketing team to support all marketing initiatives.
- Designing and implementing new features and functionality of websites.
- Establishing and guiding the website’s architecture.
- Ensuring high-performance and availability, and managing all technical aspects of the CMS.
- Helping formulate an effective, responsive design and converting it into a working theme and plugins.
- Measure, analyse, summarise and make recommendations on all key marketing metrics.
Essential skills and competencies:
- A minimum of 2- 3 years plus hands on experience with PHP frameworks.
- Tertiary qualification in Computer Science, IT or related discipline.
- Proven ability in building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications.
- Experience designing and developing responsive design websites.
- Working knowledge of debugging tools such as Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.
- Understanding of CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages.
- Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML).
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git, Bitbucket, etc.
- Strong understanding of PHP back-end development.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work collaboratively with the marketing team and other key stakeholders.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Commitment to learning and self-education.
- A keen eye for detail.
Applications which demonstrate an understanding of modern frameworks like AngularJS and VueJS, will be highly regarded.
Please send us a resume and a cover letter outlining why you would be a perfect fit for this role.