Web Designer flybuysMelbourne, Victoria, AU
After 25 successful years, flybuys is in an exciting new phase of growth – almost like being back in startup mode. Not only do we have a renewed focus on product development and innovation, we’re also dedicated to developing all our team members and supporting them with everything they need to reach their potential. When people are valued and recognised, that’s when they can really be inspired to bring their best.
We believe people work better and have more fun when they have the freedom and flexibility to make their work fit around their life. Good ideas can come from anywhere, which is why all our team members are encouraged and empowered to contribute to the success of flybuys. Innovation happens more effectively when we pull in the same direction – and it’s more fun. We are a collaborative team that celebrates achievements and provides opportunities for growth.
We currently have an opportunity for a UX Designer to join our digital technology team
The key accountabilities of the role include:
- Ensuring digital experiences align to the flybuys Digital Strategy and brand experience delivering simple, clean and accessible digital assets.
- Delivering an insight-led approach to UX design, exploring user problems via personas, customer journey maps, flows, wireframes, designs and testing prototypes with users.
- Working closely with product managers to clearly understand business requirements & user stories.
- Partnering with delivery and engineering to ensure designed experiences are technically feasible Support the delivery of the member and partner roadmaps prioritising design effort on features that maximise member and partner engagement and satisfaction.
To be successful you will have:
- Proven experience in a similar UX/UI role.
- Experience design across multiple platforms, web, mobile web and native apps.
- Knowledge of best practice UX design principles and a deep understanding of mobile first and responsive design.
- Experience conducting user-testing sessions and planning design workshops.
- Ability to communicate and rationalise design decisions, and to prioritise these decisions into an MVP.
- You understand digital accessibility and the implications for design and are able to include high level accessibility requirements in your user stories.
- Demonstrate a folio of user centered design e.g. personas, customer journey mapping, wireframes, high-fidelity proto-types.
- Expertise in standard UX software such as Sketch, Axure, OmniGraffle, InVision, Adobe XD, Figma or equivalents.
- Experience developing UI documentation, understanding interactions and being able to articulate in detailed design specifications.
Find your place at flybuys:
We know that a big part of what makes flybuys such a fantastic place to work is that we live our values of being generous, passionate, relevant, united and doing the right thing every day.
Ready to find your place?
We’re always on the lookout for passionate people to join our team.