Web Designer LoweBoucherville, Quebec, CA
At Lowe’s Canada, over 26,000 employees let their passion blossom every day. Our teams are driven by the desire to help people bring their projects to life and are committed to making a difference in the communities we serve.
We operate or service more than 470 corporate and affiliated dealer stores. With a distinctive product and service offering and complementary store formats ranging from neighbourhood hardware stores to big box stores, our Lowe’s, RONA, Reno-Depot, and Dick’s Lumber banners are always looking for dedicated associates to help meet the needs of all DIYers and contractors.
You’ve got the talent? We’ve got the tools! Here, your work and ideas will contribute to building a flourishing organization. Your voice will always be heard and valued. You’ll find career opportunities that live up to your ambitions and be able to further develop your unique set of skills.
So if you're looking to do what you love, and to grow and evolve within our family—one of the best employers in Canada according to a recent Forbes survey—we could be perfect for each other.
Reporting to the Manager, Studio and working in the Omnichannel team, the Senior Web Designer, Omnichannel Studio will be responsible for ensuring the quality and compliance for a major project’s graphic production. The incumbent must show good communication skills and be able to leverage their design, UI/UX, and marketing skills to apply them in their work. They must keep up with the latest trends and various tech issues pertaining to e-commerce site production. They will lead the production of graphic elements to successfully complete this project over a one-year mandate, which may be extended. The incumbent will follow an established process in order to meet deadlines and ensure the quality of deliverables.
• Ensure that graphic, consistency, and compliance standards are met throughout the graphic production process
• Take part in the team discussions on graphic elements
• Perform checks and ensure quality control
• Collaborate with the Marketing department’s teams
• Do photo touch-ups
• Keep up with the latest trends
• Submit layouts for review and tracking, and duly check all work produced
The qualifications we are looking for
• College diploma in graphic design or equivalent, combined with 10 to 15 years of experience in a similar position
• Creativity, versatility, attention to detail, and organizational skills
• Interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong ability to think critically
• Extensive knowledge of UX, ergonomics, and web design
• Good understanding of specific retail needs
• Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time
• Excellent ability to adapt to change and work under pressure
• Extensive proficiency with Sketch, Adobe Xd, Photoshop, and Illustrator (Adobe Creative)
• Web experience (required)
• Extensive knowledge and understanding of e-commerce site interfaces
• Extensive knowledge of and proficiency with the Mac OS X environment
• Spoken and written bilingualism (French and English) (required)
• Aptitude for teamwork
• Problem-solving and priority-setting skills
• Autonomy and resourcefulness
• Basic knowledge of web production / HTML