Web Developer AlloyVancouver, British Columbia, CA
[ Software Developer - Platform ]
About the Role
Our Platform Engineers, while full stack, develop and maintain the infrastructure and tools that keep Alloy running and empower our team. They are responsible for logging, monitoring, backups, security, and scalability.
As a key member of the development team, you’ll work with Alloy's other engineering teams to establish conventions and best-practices.
Platform Engineers write plenty of code and contribute to internal and external tools, integrations between systems, and the product itself. If you have a particular interest in cloud infrastructure, this could be the role for you!
- You love to automate everything - no repetitive task is too small.
- You know that the infrastructure must suit the product. You want to understand the domain so you can pick the right tool for the job.
- You prefer managed services to self-hosted solutions where possible.
- You care deeply about best practices for code quality, automation, and testing.
- You value open and respectful communication. We have three development offices in different time zones, all working on the same codebase.
- You have a genuine desire to help other engineers via mentorship, pairing, and code reviews.
What You’ll Do
- Design infrastructure that scales with us, without getting in the way.
- Experience writing clean code that performs well at scale.
- Implement logging, monitoring, and security best practices.
- Manage our CI/CD pipelines, backups, and testing environments.
- Extend our platform to enable integration with customer and third party systems.
- Build developer tools that streamline our engineering workflows; empowering the engineering team.
What We’re Looking For
- 2+ years of experience.
- Experience with cloud infrastructure providers, ideally GCP, but AWS knowledge is transferable.
- Expert command line, scripting, and system administration abilities.
- Familiarity with some of Java, Python, Typescript.
Alloy is the modern analytics and planning software solution for consumer goods brands. We empower these companies, which make the items we use, wear and consume every day, to manage supply and demand with speed and agility.
Alloy is early-stage, well-funded by leading VCs, and growing. Our small team believes deeply in fostering individual ownership, iterative product development, and empathetic communication. There are many challenging problems to solve in this industry, and a huge opportunity for our software to make the global supply chain operate more effectively.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. Alloy is committed to creating an inclusive culture, and we celebrate diversity of all kinds.