Web Developer Bank of Ireland GroupBristol, England, GB
The Digital & Customer Analytics team within BOI UK is responsible for the strategic planning and delivery of the Bank's digital optimisation, innovation, analytical and transformation capabilities to enable the Bank to continue to serve our customers brilliantly, transform our business and deliver sustainable profitability.
Purpose of the Role
Front End Developers are responsible for designing, implementing and optimising solutions and processes to meet customer needs within the framework agreed by Group Web Services, IT@BOI and IT Security. They deliver high quality projects to improve the UX and CX of BOIUK's web estate and help develop a stable digital platform for Bank of Ireland UK. The role is a key part of the DCA team, in order to guarantee quality systems for our customers.
- Seek opportunities to innovate and improve existing operational processes to enhance customer experience and create efficiency gains
- Design, develop and maintain code and infrastructure as code for websites and web services outside of publishing control via the WordPress platform
- Use coding skills to implement Security test automation, automate daily tasks, and improve overall test coverage
- To embrace agile working practices and pro-actively seeks synergies across areas to reduce silos and foster a working environment which supports the key goals of Group / BOI UK
- Manage self and stakeholders in the delivery and communication of tasks and actions aligned with policies and procedures whilst ensuring developments are completed to an agreed programme of change
- Input into / facilitate demonstrations of existing capability and future state (design)
- Support effective UAT and conduct post implementation review to ensure desired customer outcome.
- Facilitate the interaction and support of quality assurance with developers within projects to ensure outputs are of a high standard and align to stakeholder requirements
- Participate in developing solutions / tools /framework to support multiple test environments
What is the opportunity?
You will work with market leading technology in a dynamic and supportive team. You will be accountable for delivering large scale digital projects and time sensitive market updates. You will have the opportunity to grow and develop your technical skills through the use of various systems. Working closely with stakeholders throughout the business where your day to day and project work will directly contribute to the Bank of Ireland UK business strategy.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Previous experience developing with PHP and Python with significant WordPress experience
- Significant experience with CMS (e.g. WordPress), Frameworks (e.g. SAM, PHP Symphony or equivalent, Python Django etc.) and Cloud Environments (e.g. AWS)
- Proven experience in debugging and solving problems
- Experience integrating test automation (functional, performance & security) fully into the CI chain
- Experience of creating frameworks to facilitate robust test environments
- Champion Transformation - Self
- Customer Focused - Self
- Agile - Self
- Accountable - Self
- Manage Risk - Self
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.