Web Developer ElementsBarcelona, Catalonia, ES
In our Barcelona office we are looking for a Senior Python/Django Developer with a passion for building next-generation web applications. As a senior developer at Elements, you will work in a diverse team and implement innovative solutions to create high quality web applications that cater for a great user experience. Solutions that help our clients move even further!
Who we are
We are an independent, no-nonsense agency with over 60 professionals from all over the globe, working from our offices in Almere and Barcelona for Dutch clients like KPN, Afterpay, Avrotros, Telfort, Powerpeers, Gamma and many more. We are passionate about crafting lovable and usable digital experiences that help move brands and people forward. We are dreamers and makers.
Check our current tech stack at stackshare.io/companies/elements
What you will do
You will play an important role in making estimates and defining architecture, defining the structure for our projects and coming up with technical solutions. Most of the time you will design and code these technical solutions, but testing your own work and the work of others is of course also involved. You will assist in defining database and (web) application design.
Furthermore, as a Senior, you will support our Head of Technology and will be the go-to person in the development team. You will adapt the Elements' way of working and will always be encouraged to make suggestions to improve it. Last but not least, we would love to see that you have a natural drive to stay up to speed with the latest technological innovations.
What you need
Please, note that due to the current situation caused by COVID19, we realised that supporting visa application and relocation can be more challenging than normally. Therefore, for the time being, we will consider applications only from candidates with a valid working permit.
- At least a Bachelor degree in a related field
- At least 3 years experience as a Python developer, preferably with Django
- Excellent coding skills and solid experience with relevant large-scale projects
- Knowledge of Front-End technologies
- Ability to architect an application from start to finish
- Experience in working the Scrum way
- Ability to coach and support team members during projects
- Excellent English language and communication skills
- Results-oriented attitude, creative, flexible, open-minded
- Independent thinker yet committed to company’s and team’s success and teamwork
- Working permit for Spain
What we offer
Please, note that the current situation caused by Covid-19 has an impact on some of the benefits we offer (e.g. team events). Also, right now going to our Barcelona office is voluntary.
- You will be a part of our international, talented and inspiring developers team, where you get to teach and learn at the same time
- We provide you with the equipment of your choice
- We provide you with free breakfast, snacks, fruits and refreshments every day, unlimited freshly ground coffee and large variety of teas
- You will have flexible working hours and a possibility to occasionally work from home and/or remotely
- In addition to your salary, we contribute to your daily lunch costs through a Sodexo Restaurant Card
- We also offer a flexible compensation plan for your transport, lunch and nursery costs
- We encourage you to visit events/conferences and/or take courses to keep up-to-date and gain new skills. Furthermore, we offer in-house coaching with one of our internal company coaches.
- Language Courses (when applicable)
- And, to top it off, obviously, what is work without some fun? We regularly organise drinks, dinners and team building outings
Do you see this role as a good match? Then we'd love to hear from you.