Web Developer IBMBudapest, HU
As an Application Developer, you will lead IBM into the future by translating system requirements into the design and development of customized systems in an agile environment. The success of IBM is in your hands as you transform vital business needs into code and drive innovation. Your work will power IBM and its clients globally, collaborating and integrating code into enterprise systems. You will have access to the latest education, tools and technology, and a limitless career path with the world’s technology leader. Come to IBM and make a global impact!
Your Role and Responsibilities
We at IBM’s internal IT organization are looking for a web developer to join our team who implements modern, cloud-based applications for HR business needs.
Colleagues in IBM Global HR domain all around the world use our products, and your work will greatly contribute to their smooth operation.
What you’d be doing at IBM
- Developing IBM Cloud software solutions on Node.js, React.js, TypeScript, MongoDB stack
- Making recommendations for improvements
- Performing and supporting unit and integration tests
- Reviewing pull requests
- Implementing user requirements according to the stack and standards the team defined
- Proposing implementation improvements
- Working with the Business Analysts to understand new requirements and Client needs
- Building and maintaining a business process knowledge to have a better context of what we support and what are the needs we need to fulfill with the new tool
- Following Agile IT development principles
- Sharing knowledge and expertise with others
- Keeping this technical skillset current and up to date
During his/her work our new colleague is required to build and maintain technical skills on different level such as:
- Web UI development: HTML, CSS, Bootstrap, Carbon Design
- RESTful APIs
- Microservices, containerization
- JSON, XML/XSLT, SQL, NoSQL
- Strong English skills
- Agile methodologies
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
What makes you a strong candidate:
- Have at least 2 years hands-on Typescript experience with either Node.js or React.js; both is a huge advantage
- Strong understanding of RESTful APIs
- Experience with NoSQL (MongoDB)
- Familiar with unit testing
- Have good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Confident written and spoken communication skills in English
- Experience in working in a multinational environment
- Good understanding of Agile terms and methodologies
- Ability to adapt and manage change effectively
- Ability to communicate, organize and work under own initiativ
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
You’ll really stand out if you also
- Know microservice architecture pattern and containerization
- Have hands-on application of Docker and Kubernetes
- Worked on Cloud-based application developments
- Are familiar with Redux
- Have experience working in an Agile development environment
- Are a fast learner
About Business Unit
The IBM Finance organization is responsible for driving enterprise performance and transformation. We are the financial stewards of IBM, delivering IBM’s financial strategy, developing new business models, and mitigating enterprise risk. Do you have a passion for creating business value? Join our team in accounting, financial planning, pricing, business controls, tax, treasury, business development (acquisitions & divestitures), and global financing.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.