Web Developer Natural HRBirmingham, England, GB
About Natural HR
Natural HR is an all-in-one cloud HR & Payroll software provider partnering with medium-sized businesses to enable them to run their HR operations more efficiently and effectively. Having increased revenue 100% year-on-year since 2016 and headcount from the two Co-Founders to a team of 25 in the same period, this is an exciting time to join a growing Start-up in the HR Tech industry and develop your career. We’re an ISO 27001 accredited company, so security is at the heart of everything we do, especially within our Product Team.
About the role
We’re looking for a self-driven Front-end Developer to join our Product Development team who are constantly updating our web application and adding new features based our product roadmap and customer feedback. Reporting to the Development Manager, you’ll take the lead on front-end development but have a base level of back-end knowledge including an excellent understanding of API’s.
You’ll be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and be able to balance fast delivery with quality, clean, properly documented and well-tested code. This role is office based in the Jewellery Quarter, Birmingham, Monday to Friday from 9:00am – 5:30pm with an hour for lunch. However, we’re open to discussions about time being spilt between office and homeworking upon successful completion of the probationary period.
- Take ownership of front-end development and improvement projects.
- Write clean, meaningful code with good documentation.
- Work collaboratively with the rest of the development, product and customer services teams.
- Maintain and develop new features whilst improving existing code where required.
- Have an appreciation for UX/UI when developing, taking into account all browser types and devices.
- Consider information security protocols and good practice relating to secure code development and secure working practices.
- Rapidly address issues and fix defects discovered during deployment.
- Occasionally assist the Junior Developers.
- Own and update assigned JIRA cases.
- Keep up to date with the latest industry trends and best practices.
- Gain an understanding of application from the customers perspective/use cases and keep up to date with our product updates.
- Take responsibility for your own training needs and discuss these needs with the Development Manager.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – you’ll be expected to work closely as a team with colleagues working both in the office and remotely, as well as keep the
- Development Manager up to date on progress.
- An eye for detail with great pride taken in your work.
- An ability to build relationships at different levels across the business and communicate in a non-technical way with those from non-technical backgrounds.
- A willingness to learn new skills and contribute to continuous improvement.
The main technical skills we’re looking for are:
- Frameworks (Vue or React)
- API development and integrations
- SASS/LESS/SCSS Version control (Git preferred)
- HTML 5
In addition, the following skills would be desirable but not essential:
- PHP (5.x and 7.x) including Laravel
- MySQL (including knowledge on indexes and optimising queries)
- Object-orientated programming
- An understanding of UX/UI
Full time £25,000 - £30,000 depending on experience
Only direct candidate applications will be accepted - strictly no agencies, please.