Web Developer NiceJobVancouver, British Columbia, CA
NiceJob is the easiest way for local businesses to get the reputation they deserve. Our software gets you more reviews, referrals and sales, through automating your reputation marketing. We believe that if you're good at something, your work should just speak for itself. You shouldn't also have to be a marketing expert to get customers for it.We want to become the leading reputation marketing platform globally, through creating products that ensure that great work never goes unrecognized, unappreciated or unrewarded.
Since January 2018 (when we were just 2 employees, the Founder leading product and the Director of Growth leading well... growth), NiceJob has grown to nearly $2 million in annual recurring revenue. We now have 20 staff, have been listed as one of the fastest growing tech companies in BC, and were recognized as a top 2 startup by New Ventures BC. All without any outside funding, purely our own revenue, of which is cash-flow positive.
When you're offered a seat on a rocket ship, normally you don't ask what seat, you just get on. But here at NiceJob, we look for incredible talent at every level, hiring people who are looking for careers, not jobs. Innovation is our blood, and we're redefining what it means to grow and market a business. We're building a world where the businesses that truly care about their customers and do great work will win over those that don't.
There’s no cookie cutter model of the perfect applicant, so anyone can apply.
As long as you think you have either the necessary skills, or the ability to learn them very quickly to do this role, you’re good. We care about your ability to execute, not your experience - though it certainly can be an indicator, especially your past projects.
That said, if this role is local, you must be legally allowed to work in Canada, with the intent of staying local for the long term.
The ideal candidate is probably someone who...:
- Is looking for a company to grow with, who plans to stick around for the long term in Vancouver (and reap all the benefits that entails)
- Could be described as intuitive, data-driven, creative, professional, strategic & smart, friendly, independent, thoughtful
- Is someone who loves to write code and wants to create the next generation of socially impactful software
- Has a strong written and verbal communication skills, and emotional intelligence
- Is as excited and passionate about the products we're making as we are
- Has a willingness and ability to learn quickly, and hit the ground sprinting from day one
- Has a Bachelor's degree or greater (or other education/proof of knowledge) in a related/relevant field
- Would rather write code than manage developers
- Is willing to take risks, but is not reckles, and thinks before they act.
And has experience in...:
- Front End development
- Proof of completed projects
- Pushing to code production
- Any cloud platform experience (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- React (and ideally React Native) experience