Web Developer Takeaway.comSofia, Sofia-Capital, BG
Our story (the bitesize version):
From salads in Sofia to ramen in Rotterdam, millions of food-lovers order on our platform every week. Having expanded as Just Eat Takeaway, we’re now operating in 23 countries around the world!
The secret to our success is tech. From designers and developers to software and IT support specialists, our tech teams ensure that innovation is always on the menu.
All about the role:
We are looking for a highly driven Backend PHP Developer, who gets excited tackling challenges, takes ownership for his work and loves working with talented people. You will play a key role in the development of diverse libraries and tools as part of an multinational and multicultural team of software engineers working in our different offices across Europe.
In this varied role, we’re also counting on you to:
- Write code that is maintainable, testable and clean
- Build applications and services that will scale effectively and communicate through API and event driven constructs while collaborating with your team members to create innovative and creative solutions to improve and innovate our high-traffic platform.
Can you deliver...
- You have at least 2 years of experience with PHP (OOP) and are familiar with the Laravel Framework
- You have higher technical education degree and at least 2 years of backend development experience
- Strong ability in coding standards-compliant and cross-platform web pages
- Experience in relational database design for MySQL in creating optimized web pages, SQL queries, and database structures for high-load environments
- You have worked with loosely coupled microservices and (RESTful) APIs
- You practice Test Driven Development using unit-testing technologies.
- Experience with code versioning (especially Git)
- You are willing to convert the old code into a modern Laravel code and improve the whole code base
Bonus points will be given for...
- In-depth knowledge of the HTTP protocol
- Experience Laravel Framework
- Knowledge of Linux-based OS and Web Servers
- Experience with Docker or Vagrant
- Experience with Cloud Infrastructures
- Experience with cache servers and servers (Redis, Memcache, etc.)
- Working experience with RabbitMQ, IronMQ, etc.
- You are familiar with TDD (Test Driven Development)
- Knowing or working with Scrum framework
Here is our offer:
- A place where your ideas are heard and where you can really grow and learn with your team
- A more than competitive salary with (long term) incentives in accordance with your experience
- Awesome teams and people, in a fast growing company
- Being part of a young, professional and truly international team
- The opportunity to learn new concepts and practice them in a safe environment
- The freedom to go where no one in our company has gone before
- Free drinks and fruits, lunch vouchers and several sports benefits
- Regular awesome team events
Takeaway offers career advancement and lucrative compensation. The Technology department has regular knowledge sharing, training and attends/speaks at global conferences.
How to apply?
If you are interested, please send us your CV / Resume. When applying, please first attach the file and then fill in information such as name etc.
We will read all the information in it and we will contact the most suitable candidates.
Your personal data is protected by Bulgarian law and European General Data Protection Regulation.